Monday, September 9, 2013

Yay! for Frameworks: Week 2

I started the landing page for my Wishes Web Application using the Bootstrap Framework.  On a side note, let me just say, I love that copying someone else's code is referred to as "using a Framework".  In addition to the framework files, Bootstrap also provides some basic sample templates.  I choose the Carousel Template for my landing page.   It is currently in an unfinished state, because I was having trouble deciding how much content this landing page actually needs.  At this very second, I think the landing page is done and I need to cut off the bottom, unfinished content and move on to the application layout and design.  We are starting Javascript this week and I would like to have my application design completed so I can work on the code in class.

Color Scheme:
In my head, I see the end result of this application as a single web page, full of various sized pictures, formatted into a collage layout, with the text of the user messages displayed in various fonts and sizes. Eventually, it might be cool to have he user upload their own pictures, but for now I just want to use generic, simple background photographs.  I originally imagined this page to be in full color... but after working on my landing page, I think I am going to start off using only black and white backgrounds photos and allow the user to pick their text color only.  And possibly restrict the color scheme for each account.... for example, if someone starts a baby wish page for a friend, they would pick the color scheme when they create the account.  That way it is guaranteed their page will look pretty.  I can imagine Aunt Brenda choosing some off color and messing the whole page up.

For anyone wanting some design inspiration for their site, Specky Boy always has posts with examples of well designed web sites.




No comments:

Post a Comment