Monday, October 8, 2012

Learning Methods

So, trying to code last week's programs in the hour before class didn't work out exactly as I planned.  My programs are working fine, it is just taking me a little longer to type than I expected.   After today's class, I am really wishing my work from last week was done.  I am going to hang out in the library until my night class starts so I can finish them.

Today, we started learning about methods.... making our own.  The assignment for this week, is basically taking all the programs we wrote in the first 4 weeks and combining them using methods into one big giant program.  We were also introduced to the JOptionPane dialogs - which I love, and I'm not sure why we didn't learn that sooner?

Just to be honest....
During class, there were a few times that I felt like shoving a handful of cotton balls into my professor's mouth.  I was able to keep up and I felt like I was understanding - for the most part - but if I would have had a little more time to play with the examples, I think it would have a better grasp on it.  After class, I understood why he was moving so quickly through the first part.  The remainder of class he went over our assignment - explaining step by step how to plan the program out.  It would have been really confusing if we would have had to stop in the middle of that process and pick back up on Wednesday.  I'm super excited to get started on our assignment for this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment