Sunday, October 7, 2012

JAVA Week 6: Arrays

I really enjoyed this week's homework assignments.  Figuring out the assignment is my favorite part.  I have started a routine with these assignments that seems to be working out alright.  First, I write a very basic flowchart, just to talk myself through what the program is supposed to do.  Then I write a more detailed flowchart that includes some of the more complicated parts of the code.  I ask my questions at this point, making any needed changes before getting into NetBeans.   My main problem with this, is once I am done figuring it all out, I don't really want to type it into NetBeans.  I feel like the puzzle is solved, so I'd rather move on to the next problem than sit and type code.  Although, to be honest, once I do start typing the code, I find all kinds of extra little problems that I didn't know were even possible.

That's another reason I love learning with the Finch.  We get to design these programs from start to finish and every piece of code must be perfect for the robot to work.  I feel like I am actually learning how to design a program, as opposed to just learning how to write Java syntax.


No comments:

Post a Comment