Saturday, April 7, 2012

New Goals, New Blog

I'm so excited about my brand new blog!  It goes perfectly with my brand new goals.  First, I guess I should explain how I got to this strange place in my life.  The first time I went to college (several years ago), I had intentions of getting a degree in Interior Design.  I didn't know the exact job I wanted, but I knew the field would be a good fit for me.  I never imagined I would end up in kitchen design, but I spent 5 years doing it and I absolutely loved it!  2 years ago, the building market took a hit and so did my paycheck - it was cut in half.  With 2 kids in daycare, I was pretty much breaking even, so I had to quit my job.  I never had the desire to be a SAHM, but I figured I would try it.  Everyone kept telling me how wonderful it was and how lucky I was to have the "opportunity".  That's the last time I will take advice from anyone that doesn't have a full time job.  I love being with my kids and I really love being able to volunteer at my daughter's school, but other than that I am miserable.   I am a very independent person and I like being in control of my own finances.  I got my work permit at 15, I moved out at 18, and I worked 3 jobs in college to pay all my own bills. Overall, it just wasn't a good idea for me to be jobless for 2 years.    
On a positive note, being at home has given me time to get a lot of things straightened out. Well, sort of.  So here I am now!  I started taking some intro classes a few months ago in computer science technology and I think I want to focus on web design.  The only class I will be taking this summer is Statistics (yikes), so I hope I can keep myself motivated and practicing the skills that I do know, until classes start up next fall.  I want to get myself familiar with blog sites and continue working with style sheets and Adobe.  I started this blog so I can document what I'm working on and hopefully see my improvement over the next couple years. :)  It's going to be awesome, I just know it!!!!    

Elizabeth    

No comments:

Post a Comment