Sunday, February 3, 2013

Creating my Quixotic Virtual Ecosystem


Creating a virtual ecosystem in Processing was such a fun project in my head.  As we worked through the first 2 chapters, I kept notes on how I could implement the various algorithms to create the artistic elements I wanted in my world.  It was all so perfect.

Sooooo, here's what I've got.  Some softly bouncing pink clouds.  Yes, bouncing... not floating (yet).



There were all kinds of principals in the first two chapters that I think I should be able to apply to these clouds to make them move in different ways.  We learned about randomness, and noise, and how to move vectors with their location and velocity.  All these algorithms work perfectly with the Processing shapes they use in the examples, but there were several times I could not figure out how to make them work with my program or image files.  That was pretty frustrating and very time consuming, so what I have done is the best solution I could come up with for now.  The next chapter we are working on includes wind force, so hopefully my clouds will be floating around by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment